It’s been an amazing few years at Dovetail and Slate (DTS), but as we begin to enter the next phase of growth, we thought we would like to reflect on how we got this far.
- Dovetail and Slate launches Formulate Associates and Innotech Partners
- Dovetail & Slate expands once again, moving into a whopping 2,400sqft office space which is twice the size of all of their previous office
- Dovetail and Slate makes the move to a brand new office space just 400m from the previous building. The new office now holds a capacity of twice as many staff which allows to safely work within social distancing measures. .
- The Global Pandemic sends the rebel alliance into hiding, Anakin Skywalker remains hidden at a secret training facility.
- Daniel Rossie, formerly Head of Construction for Barnsley College, joins the team as Dovetail and Slate’s Brand Ambassador.
- The total company turnover since Dovetail and Slates’s launch reaches £3.5 Million
- Dan Green joins the business as Commercial Director, bringing with him 7 years’ experience within the FE recruitment sector
- Dovetail & Slate reaches 93 contractors in the UK
- Laurence Walker joins the business as a full time Marketing Manager to help Dovetail & Slate engage with more candidates
- 96 contractors are supporting Colleges in the UK. – this needs changing to third person but I am unsure what it is to re-word the phrase, when do the targets run from and to?
- The new office hits capacity as the business reaches 18 full time staff
The business receives 23 heartfelt testimonials from both education provdiers and candidates
- Dovetail & Slate reaches 75 active contractors in Colleges across the UK.
- 30 Colleges had then agreed to use Dovetail and Slate as their preferred staffing supplier
- To date, there has been over 800 interviews facilitated
- The business welcomes Louise Billington as the Division Director of Secondary Education
- The business moves into the biggest available office in the current building.
- We’re then a 14 strong team with 12 full time recruitment consultants
- Dovetail & Slate successfully hits the end of academic year turnover target, reaching £1.5 Million.
- The website is relaunched and the website has a nice new face lift with a fresh logo
- By some miracle (just kidding) we reach our first birthday.
- Over 400 candidate interviews have been facilitated by Dovetail and Slate since beginning a year prior
- Our director Guy introduces an in-house payroll system under ‘Walker GRP’
- Ruby Vanston joins the team as the Office Manager
- 7 Staff are now full time in the Bristol office
- That month we proudly celebrated 20 Clients signed to the preferred supplier list (PSL)
- Elliot Redmond joins us as a Division Director
- We’ve now reached 5 full time consultants
- We reached 5 permanent placements and 10 full time contractors.
- Our company turnover reaches £30,000 in quarter 3.
- Following two months of client acquisition and strategising, we achieved our first £10,000 turnover in the 2nd financial quarter, allowing Dovetail & Slate to begin its rapid growth.
- We proudly joined the REC Foundation as an approved supplier, us certified recruitment agency.
Our story begins from a small office in North Bristol.