The position of Assessor/Trainer is responsible for the quality support and delivery of Learning and Assessment as part of a team and for the College Employer Engagement provision provided by the College to the business community.
The role requires the identification of skills needs, delivery of high-quality Learning and Assessment and to be observed and appraised on an annual basis in accordance with the College and Awarding Bodies quality requirements.
The post holder will support the Directorate Managers, Business Programme coordinators alongside Business Development staff to develop and implement a common delivery process that ensures a standard high-quality experience for all customers.
A key role is to work to the delivery schedules and scheme of work that have been agreed by the curriculum team and deliver exactly what is agreed at project commencement. Ensuring that high quality is maintained, informing the relevant manager and staff of the progress of the contracts, including any delivery issues or potential deviations from the scheme of work and delivery plan. Ensuring apprentices remain focussed and on target to achieve.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Agree and help design programs in their vocational specialist (electrical installation) as required by the departmental managers and staff. Provide high quality Learning and Assessment delivery and support apprentices to achieve their qualification within agreed time scales.
- Prepare workbooks, training packages and resources for training.
- Identify, develop and report any further/additional business opportunities with the employer whilst delivering training.
- Enroll and induct candidates with the College, ensuring all information is correct.
- Carry out Functional Skills Initial Assessments, Diagnostics, End Tests and provide appropriate delivery and support where required.
- Maintain individual records and ILP’s and Electronic portfolios of work.
- Monitor learner progress and ensure the learners meet deadlines.
- Meet regularly by maintaining appointments against the agreed scheme of work, train, support and assess candidates in completing portfolios of work.
- Keep the Team Manager and relevant Quality, Progress and Business generation staff informed of the progress or any issues on the program.
- Attend ‘Company’ Team and College meetings as required.
- Undertake Internal Verification (IQA) activities where required.
- Complete the appropriate documentation when apprentices successfully complete or withdraw (reporting accurately on reasons) from the program and return it to the Team Manager in a timely manner.
- Support the development of alternative delivery methods and electronic learning.
Apply for this job
Fill out the below application form! Make sure you complete all the fields to increase your chances.