An established higher education centre are now looking to recruit a dedicated academic, with proven public sector experience and a track record of excellence in delivering outstanding education and contributing to a high-quality student experience, to join the College team from August 2020.
The successful candidate will contribute in the delivery of a range of modules from the BTEC HND Public Services, L6 BSc (Hons) Criminology & Criminal Justice and BSc (Hons) Health & Social Sciences.
They are particularly interested in candidates with a background in sociology and/or criminology. This position will require the lecturer to:
* engage and participate in training and meetings when scheduled;
* teaching, advising and assessing students on the courses s/he teaches;
* blended learning – prepare course material that accommodates the blended learning strategy of the College;
* complying with published quality assurance standards and procedures at the College;
* developing the Scheme of Work / Syllabus in the taught specialist subject;
* developing formative assessment activities and the final summative assignment brief;
* developing and maintaining a CPD record of research and scholarly achievement;
* undertaking departmental and College duties including but not limited to attendance records, marking within published guidelines and time frames, attending department and College meetings and internal verification/moderation days.
The Person Candidates must hold a postgraduate degree or equivalent with a minimum of two years of teaching experience. A related professional qualification would be an advantage.
Experience with delivering blended learning is also desirable.
There could be some flexibility in the schedule and a 0.8 FTE appointment may also be considered.
Salary range: £32,000 to £35,000 (depending on experience and qualifications).
Dovetail and Slate is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, applicants and clients to share this commitment.
This role may involve work with under 18’s or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. Dovetail and Slate ltd acts as an Employment Agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract).
Job Reference: KBDTS123_1592904137
Salary: £33000 - £36000 per annum + Teachers Pension, 40 days + bank holiday
Salary From: £33000
Salary To: £36000
Salary Benefits: Teachers Pension, 40 days + bank holiday
Job Location (auto generated do not edit): London
Job Industry (auto generated do not edit): Education and Training
Job Skills (auto generated do not edit): Teacher, Lecturer, Assessor, Internal Verifier, IQA, Tutor, Trainer, Instructor, A1, V1, TAQA, D32/33
Job Ski∂Typells (auto generated do not edit): Permanent
Job Industries: Education and Training
Job Locations: London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Teacher, Lecturer, Assessor, Internal Verifier, IQA, Tutor, Trainer, Instructor, A1, V1, TAQA, D32/33
Apply for this Job
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.