IT Helpdesk Supervisor
- Reports to: Head of IT
- Location: Lincoln
- Salary: up to £26,000 p/a depending on experience
- Type: Full-time, 37 hours per week
Dovetail and Slate are recruiting on behalf of a leading education provider based in Lincoln.
The IT Helpdesk Supervisor provides the critical link between the IT Services Unit and the organisation. They will be responsible for setting, monitoring and managing against Service Level Agreements that ensure that the IT Service delivered to customers is optimised and will line manage the Desktop Support Team.
The IT Helpdesk Supervisor is a key role in IT and critical in ensuring the delivery of Learning and Business Outcomes.
This post will be on a contract basis for a 3 month period covering full time hours with the potential for a permanent position for the right candidate.
- Work flexibly and supervise existing members of the IT Services team.
- Ensure that you communicate effectively within the team, to make your responsibilities transferable.
- Become accustomed to using a managed Helpdesk system and organise your work to meet the priority needs of the department.
- Be able to quickly understand project requirements in order to develop relevant solutions.
- Be able to work with a wide range of internal and external clients to develop effective relationships quickly in order to provide the best service possible.
- This role is varied and challenging. You will have the opportunity to be involved in significant change programmes, including the installation of a variety of software solutions and the deployment of various hardware devices.
- You will need all the skills that you have developed in your career to date to resolve client requests and maintain the desktop infrastructure; including desktop PCs, laptops, Apple Macs and various mobile devices such as tablets. You will ensure that the equipment is performing to the highest possible levels and operates fault free through various resolution mechanisms and techniques.
- You will have experience of supporting and configuring Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office products at various releases. You may also have experience with Apple iOS operating system too.
- You will be an effective problem solver, able to diagnose a range of IT related issues first time, ensuring the end-user has the best possible experience.
- You will need to be an excellent communicator, organiser and have good customer service skills.
- HNC/GNVQ Level 2 in Computing with relevant experience
- Industry accredited certification in ITIL Foundation, or equivalent
Excellent benefits and rewards package:
- Holiday Pay and NEST Pension Scheme
- Access to a dedicated recruitment co-ordinator to help with the registration process and provide continued support whilst you are engaged with us
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker’s Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- Career development opportunities.
- Over 200 perks, discounts and freebies available.
- Dress down Fridays
- Access to take part in our dedicated calendar of wellbeing events
- Access to a heavily discounted on-site gym and spa membership
If this role is of interest, please send your CV through to James Grace at Dovetail & Slate or call the Bristol office on 01174229420.
Dovetail and Slate Limited (11351060) acts as an employment agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract).
Apply for this job
Fill out the below application form! Make sure you complete all the fields to increase your chances.